Ice on Main FAQs
NOVEMBER 12, 2021 - JANUARY 17, 2022
- Do I need to pre-purchase a ticket?
Skate sessions are limited to 60 skaters per each 1-hour skate session. In order to guarantee your spot, it is recommended to pre-purchase you skate session ticket online at www.iceonmain.com. Walk-ups will be allowed if there is space available.
- What are your COVID-19 safety precautions?
In addition to limiting the capacity of the rink, all guests are asked to abide by the following COVID-19 safety precautions.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, do not enter the event site.
- Please maintain social distancing when possible.
- Use hand sanitizing stations located throughout the event site .
- Face coverings are encouraged within the event site.
- Are there any available restrooms?
City of Greenville public restrooms are located on site, behind the water wall, for your convenience.
- Are food and beverages available at the rink?
Hot chocolate and other seasonal treats are available for purchase at United Community Bank Ice on Main on select dates and times. Follow @IceonMain on Facebook for the schedule.
- Can I leave Ice on Main and come back without having to pay again?
Skate sessions are limited to one hour. Once you turn your skates back in your Ice on Main session is complete. Please do not leave the rink area with your skates.
- Can I bring my own skates to the rink?
Yes, you may bring your own skates to United Community Bank Ice on Main but you will still have to purchase an Ice on Main skate session ticket.
- Do I have to skate?
If you don’t want to skate, we won’t make you! United Community Bank Ice on Main has plenty of places for you to watch your friends and family skate while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate.
- Do you offer large group discounts?
Large group discounts are available when an entire session is reserved during specified times.
To learn more about our large group discounts and how to reserve the entire rink, please visit RENT THE RINK.
- How much does it cost to skate?
The ticket price is $10 for adults, $8 for kids ages 3-12 and free for kids under 2. This includes skate rental.
- How long I can skate?
Each ticket is good for a 1-hours session of skating.
- How many people can skate at one time?
In order to abide by current COVID safety regulations, ice rink capacity will be limited to 60 skaters per session.
- What are the acceptable forms of payment?
United Community Bank Ice on Main accepts cash and credit cards. Due to limited admission, it is highly recommended to reserve your skate session online in order to guarantee your preferred skate time. Walk-ups will be allowed only if there is space available.
- What are your largest and smallest skate sizes?
The smallest skate size is children's 8, and the largest adult size is Men's 13.
- What do I do with my personal belongings?
United Community Bank Ice on Main does not provide storage for personal belongings. Please plan for any needs.
- What if it rains?
We remain open in light to moderate rain but may close in heavy and sustained rain at the discretion of Ice Rink management. No refunds or rain checks will be issued for tickets purchased.
- What type of clothing should I wear?
Ice skating is an outdoor activity. We advise patrons to dress warmly and for the weather. You should also wear socks if you plan to skate.
Face coverings are recommended for everyone over the age of 2 in all public areas around the rink. Masks are highly recommended but not required when on the actual ice.
- Where can I park?
There are several parking garages available downtown within walking distance from United Community Bank Ice on Main. Closest are the River Street Garage and Poinsett Garage.
- Where is Ice on Main located?
United Community Bank Ice on Main is located at Village Green in front of the Courtyard Marriott on South Main Street.
- Can I reserve a blue skate scooter?
Skate scooters, provided by The Blood Connection, are available on a first come, first serve basis and are for children 12 and younger. They are available for rent for $2 at the ticket shed.
- Am I required to wear socks?
Socks are required to rent skates. Socks are available for sale at the rink.
- Are figure skates available?
We offer both hockey and figure skates at United Community Bank Ice on Main.
- How is the rink made?
Watch our video and find out!